Current Exhibits on Display
Anheuser-Busch Building Constructed in 1886
The main museum building is the historic Anheuser-Busch building constructed in 1886 as a distribution center. Collections include artifacts of local origin, the Courtenay Thomas Collection of rare world antiques, and the paintings of artist Louis Freund.
1856 Dog Trot Log
The Homestead features a rare, original 1856 Dog Trot Log House which was painstakingly preserved and moved to the present location. A barn, corn crib, smoke house, and out house complete this 1800’s farmstead.
Parks & Son Law Office
The Parks Law Office has several original items from the original 210 South Main St. location. The fire place, book case, desk, quilt and original family photos dating back to Civil War.
One Room School House
This one room school house is one of the 104 school houses in the Henry County area. This exbit featues orignal desks, chalk boards, and many other items from rurual schools.
The adjacent Adair Annex allows you to stroll down the streets of a village in the late 1800’s. Composed of original facades and interiors reassembled from buildings which once stood in several communities around the county. This exhibit let’s you catch a glimpse of a much simpler life.
Louis and Elsie Freund Art Pieces
An art gallery is also present in the Adair Annex. The gallery contains a collection of the works of internationally recognized artists Louis and Elsie Freund. Louis was a WPA artist and a native of Clinton. The works of various local artists are also prominently displayed. In addition, the annex features various temporary exhibits throughout the year, along with a large collection of sculptures by Thomas Clark.
Next door to the Museum on the corner of Washington and Franklin, is the DeLozier Building.
This restored two story structure was built in 1887 as the Henry County Bank. It now serves as a performing arts center and meeting facility.
The Dorman House
Built in 1852, the home of Jerubial and Udolpha Dorma. It was the first two story brick home in built Clinton. The home has bene restored with period furnishings. The Downstairs features a front parlor with portraits of the Dorman family. Across the hallway is Judge Dorman’s office. The back of the home consists of a parlor / music room, and the dinning room. The upstairs consists of the master bedroom, children’s bedroom, and nursery.